At Crossley Fields we endeavour to prepare our pupils for life within school and in the wider community. We use Character Education to support pupils with their daily interactions with peers and adults.
Our PSHE and Online Safety curriculums underpin Character Education at Crossley Fields and aim to teach pupils how to conduct themselves in all situations.
Below are six character benchmarks we use to assess character education:
1. What kind of school are we?
2. What are our expectations of behaviour towards each other?
3. How well do our curriculum and teaching develop resilience and confidence?
4. How good is our co-curriculum?
5. How well do we promote the value of volunteering and service to others?
6. How do we ensure that all our pupils benefit equally from what we offer?
In addition to this, we offer pupils a wide range of curricular subjects to further support Character Education in school. These include active lessons, outdoor learning and a weekly curriculum enrichment club.